Main Forum

Pixelmon Suggestion- Staff Ranks in Tab

6 replies
Votes:
+2
Hai, I've played the Pixelmon server here for a fair while now (although under a different ign to the one you see to the left). One thing I noticed is that it's quite hard to tell when a staff member is online, since the only real way of knowing is checking in tab, and even then you might not know who's a staff member thanks to /nicks and you'd have to piece it together from looking at the staff board, or the more common option is to ask in chat.

Basically, it's a bit unnecessary especially for new players.

So my idea is, how about a plugin of some sorts which gives staff members their rank in tab? For example mods/snr. mods/head mods would have a light red [mod] tag before their name (ex. Stars would be [mod] StormOfStars) and admins would have [admin] (ex. [admin] Hawk_P) and this tag might be dark red, for example. Just to make it easier to see when a staff member is online, and new players don't have to wonder or ask in chat.

Thanks for reading :p

~ Candy/Nimbus
Posted Nov 1, 17 · OP
SuperLike!
List
Undo
Battle Mansion
Votes:
+197
VETERAN
Pixel Head-Mod
Battle Mansion
In my opinion, this isn't really necessary because if a player needs staff, they can simply ask in main chat. I don't see a problem with asking chat for a staff member. Adding on to that, there is currently no plugin that has this function and is compatible with the server.
If I helped in any sort of way, leave a like! :d
Posted Nov 1, 17
Votes:
False, there is a plugin that is both compatible with Sponge and Minecraft 1.10.2
https://forums.spongepowered.org/t/tab-manager-api-5-6-v-1-0-4-customize-your-tab-list/18351
Posted Wed at 03:01 pm
Battle Mansion
Votes:
+197
VETERAN
Pixel Head-Mod
Battle Mansion
First of all, there is no need to go ahead and dig up old threads. Second of all, that plugin is not compatible with the current ranks plugin in that we have, and from what I understand from the plugin description, there doesn't seem to be an option to display the full rank, and merely only a letter. If a new player does not know all the staff member ranks, they wouldn't know which letter stands for which rank. Even if it is possible to give a full rank on the tab area, the name would be cut off, before it's finished, therefore rendering it useless.
If I helped in any sort of way, leave a like! :d
Posted Wed at 08:16 pm
Prpledragn o
Prpledragn @ Server 1
Votes:
Online on Site
Dominator
I'm not sure what plugin or vanilla mc all but /list usually splits online plays up by their rank on the server which could be a bit excessive with all the non-payed ranks but would still differentiate. Only thing with that is we (players) only have access to /glist not /list
Posted Sun at 01:37 am
Votes:
If I recall correctly, the newer servers use LuckPerms, which Tab Manager does support. It also does support more than one character and doesn't cut anything off.

You can't /list, but you can /minecraft:list, which also doesn't split it up by rank.
Posted Sun at 10:17 am
Votes:
+209
ELDER
Admins
Owner
In the event that staff do not want to attract attention to themselves this would not do much help.
Ultimately if you need a staff member you can ask in the chat since either way you will have to ask them the question.
I will not be adding this because I do not see any benefit to it other than an easy way to check when no staff is online to do something that is against the rules
Posted 16 hours ago
Top Posters
908 Posts
623 Posts
519 Posts
477 Posts
409 Posts
NoticeNotices